Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Defence. Sortin` it aaaarrrrrt! 11:40 - Sep 27 with 2666 viewsHadders

It sounds negative, but if I were Ramsey, given our record so far, I would make not conceding our number one target now. I just watched brief highlights of all our games this season on YouTube (because I have no friends or life whatsoever), trying to spot exactly what is going wrong at the back, although I don`t play and frankly have no tactical understanding at all. It seems (my favourite player) Onouha is often the closest to the scorer - but that might just be because of his position. Watching all of our goals conceded, he does appear quite lightweight and easy to beat though - not a judgement I would make from watching him live. Clearly we need to press and close people down better around the edge of the box, and it seems to me we could do with an extra body or two behind the ball, too - it was sometimes three v three against Fulham. And we need to practise dealing with crosses, and play it safer in our own half. In terms of personnel- I liked Grant Hall and would have him back, and Yun if fit. As for Green, I like the guy so much (like Nedum), so I don`t like to judge, but clearly he`s not doing everything right. You`d hope Clint could help organise people in training, if not on the pitch. Many of you are far better readers of the game than me - any ideas?

[Post edited 27 Sep 2015 21:49]
Defence. Sortin` it aaaarrrrrt! on 12:26 - Sep 27 with 2579 viewsWatford_Ranger

The defence isn't good at all but I think the midfield is more the problem. Phillips and Chery have no defensive responsibility at all while Luongo does a bit but not particularly well. Faurlin is very good at his job which is some breaking up of the play and then doing something intelligent with the ball when we have it but isn't mobile. Henry has been dreadful all season. The midfield has looked far more solid with Doughty.

Perch and Konchesky offer very little going forward so if they can't defend close to adequately, we might as well use players with a bit more energy and enterprise. Kpekawa has done little wrong when I've seen him.
Defence. Sortin` it aaaarrrrrt! on 13:27 - Sep 27 with 2462 viewsRangersDave

How about giving Diakite a run out?

surely, apart from getting the required yellow card (minimum), just a brick wall in the defence would be better than we have now which is jelly, and tasting of orange, not a nice tasting jelly like Blackcurrant.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Defence. Sortin` it aaaarrrrrt! on 14:18 - Sep 27 with 2382 viewsStanisgod

I've always said nedum is overrated, haven't seen anything to change my mind. If he wasn't such a nice loyal guy he'd be getting a lot more stick.
Sorry, I know on here that's tantamount to puppy drowning.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Defence. Sortin` it aaaarrrrrt! on 14:30 - Sep 27 with 2358 viewsHadders

I would happily have a sex change just to have his children, and can`t believe I just criticised the guy on a public forum. What is it about defenders, like Clint Hill and Shaun Derry, that we love them so? I`m not even suggesting Nedum should be dropped (heaven forbid), just used more effectively, perhaps.
[Post edited 27 Sep 2015 15:57]
Defence. Sortin` it aaaarrrrrt! on 15:14 - Sep 27 with 2277 viewsJonDoeman

The way we defended last season under him, it needed sorting before the start of this season , instead it has got worse at a lower level! What makes you think he has a clue how to do it now ?

It Is What It Is !!

Defence. Sortin` it aaaarrrrrt! on 15:45 - Sep 27 with 2225 viewsenfieldargh

Both full banks give me zero confidence in their ability to defend and move forward.

Until yun is fit enough which could be never why not put kpekwa in and give him some game time. We've leaked goals every game bar Huddersfield. He's probably not ready but Perch who has years of experience looks like an empty vessel while konchesky looks hard but sadly looks like he's lost his mojo.

I bet ben gladwin could do a decent job at full back, young keen to play can tackle from what I've seen. Couldn't do any worse

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Defence. Sortin` it aaaarrrrrt! on 16:56 - Sep 27 with 2075 viewsBklynRanger

The simplest way to fix the defensive problems is to find a decent, available defensive coach and give him carte blanche to do what he needs to. Les and Ramsey have both just got to accept that now.
Defence. Sortin` it aaaarrrrrt! on 17:41 - Sep 27 with 2008 viewsfrancisbowles

Defence. Sortin` it aaaarrrrrt! on 16:56 - Sep 27 by BklynRanger

The simplest way to fix the defensive problems is to find a decent, available defensive coach and give him carte blanche to do what he needs to. Les and Ramsey have both just got to accept that now.

I think they tried to get Gerry in the summer but.......
Agree it is a priority but with Charlie now likely to be missing, Poulter and Mackie also injured and Blackwood on loan for a month, we are also desperate for a striker.
Login to get fewer ads

Defence. Sortin` it aaaarrrrrt! on 19:07 - Sep 27 with 1877 viewsjohnnyl14

Defence. Sortin` it aaaarrrrrt! on 16:56 - Sep 27 by BklynRanger

At last a positive idea to help Chris, can't dp it all himself _ whats George Graham doing these days ?
Defence. Sortin` it aaaarrrrrt! on 20:37 - Sep 27 with 1737 viewsDWQPR

So much for Ramsey wanting to give youth a chance, he has bottled it very quickly this season. On Friday night only Doughty on the bench was a youth product. No good sending Furlong out on loan to Northampton all he is going to prove at best is that he can defend against a League two wingers. Kpakawa has disappeared from the first team squad and is only playing against EDS teams. About time to sling them in as they cannot be any worse than Perch and Koncesky, especially Perch. £1Million for that useless lump is a joke. If they played Furlong and Kpakawa against championship teams sure they will either sink or swim but if that want it that bad then they will learn and learn quick.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Defence. Sortin` it aaaarrrrrt! on 21:17 - Sep 27 with 1644 viewsbosh67

The biggest problem for me is what I can only describe as 'zonal marking' at the back and at set pieces. The biggest problem being that our defenders appear to be marking zones that don't have any players in them rather than marking players. It simply doesn't work. Man marking works but we don't appear to do that.

Second problem is that our midfield floats around the centre circle and if our opponents break through that, and they do easily, then the back 4 are completely exposed. Equally if our midfielders pass back to the opponents then that also doesn't help the back 4.

If you have a slow back 4 with 2 slow full backs they have to push up to the half way line and out from the box as a very strict line of 4. We don't do that. Our back 4 end up being pulled out and as they are slow wide players stroll past them. If you are slow then be solid and narrow and move up and down with military precision. Then that takes a leader who barks out instructions and Ned, for some reason, doesn't do that.

Konchesky and Perch are taking a lot of flack. Perch has been poor by his standards and we forget that Konchesky is 34. I don't think he's been bad at all, but he has lost any pace he had.

I also think that Ramsey has unfortunately bottled youth in the team. We would do better having Doughty at right back, he is good there too, and Yun at left back. That at least gives us some pace at this level. Hall is a much quicker option than Angella, who is elegant as a player but makes Bob Malcolm looks like Usain Bolt.

But man mark and stuff the shite zonal marking we appear to deploy.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024